Sign in to follow this  
LuckY

Adding custom maps to the domination server?

0 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I play a lot on the domination server and i had a thought which is adding a couple of custom made maps, you know to spice things up, playing on the same maps over and over again can become kind of boring. Thoughts?

Hey LuckY,

Its a nice idee but wantn't work on the non Moded Server.

To run Custom maps you need a Mod (Promod,CJ,Modwarfare.....).

Maybe someday will come up another Server with Mod and Custom Maps but for now we will stay with this Servers.

we can actually

problem with custom maps is that they often empty the server because players have to wait for map downloads. 
do you have any specific custom maps in mind? i guess we could add one or two into the rotation

Its possible to run custom maps through an empty mod (just displays text on loading screen).
As Mimi said, we have had problems in the past that they empty the server due to the downloads.

I don't have any specific map in mind. Yeah download times could be a pain, but 1-2 maps with low file size wouldn't be a problem i think.
[hr]
Koaja wrote:
Its possible to run custom maps through an empty mod (just displays text on loading screen).
As Mimi said, we have had problems in the past that they empty the server due to the downloads.

well forget my idea then :D

Koaja wrote:

Ahh this i dont knowed, thx for the info

Mimimimi wrote:
we can actually

problem with custom maps is that they often empty the server because players have to wait for map downloads. 
do you have any specific custom maps in mind? i guess we could add one or two into the rotation

I always enjoy custom maps and have loads downloaded from a server i used to play on.

mp_bjwifi_toujane always seemed to be a popular map and its onlt 32MB