D43 Gaming Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to D43 Gaming Community

Register or login now and gain instant access to our features!

Sign in to follow this  
Mimimimi

CoD4x Update v18

A new CoD4x update has been released recently. You will see an "Auto-Update" button in your client that lets you automatically download the latest version. The new client version is required to play on the latest server version, so please check if it works for you as we will slowly migrate all servers to the latest version.

THE UPDATE DOESN'T WORK - IT CRASHES MY GAME
If that's happening you get the LATEST client version from https://cod4x.me/downloads/cod4x_client_18_0.zip. As new bugs are fixed the contents of this link are updated regularly, so even if you have downloaded it before, just download it again and give it a try.

If you still have issues you can easily revent to the old client version. Go to the folder %localappdata%/CallofDuty4MW/bin and just deleted the cod4x_018 folder in there. By this the client loader automatically uses the files in the cod4x_017 folder which contains the old client version. If don't happen to have the older cod4x version anymore please download it from here https://cod4x.me/downloads/cod4x_client_17_9.zip

For now we have migrated HC TDM, HC FFA and HC DOM to the new server version. So far I have played a couple rounds on HC TDM and everything seems to be stable with around 10 players. Lucy and all our scripts are active as usual. We will keep monitoring the situation.

If there are changes, it should be updated in a minor version 18.0.1 etc so we know what version we have. ;) Thanks!