Sign in to follow this  
Targaryen Rhae

Adding more maps to FFA server

0 posts in this topic

Heya lads, I've noticed that the FFA server is not that populated, maybe a few players per day. What I also noticed is that FFA server runs only one map [killhouse] in its rotation. So I've been thinking: what about adding more maps to the map rotation? Surely it would attract more players, since the server is good, and the players wouldn't get bored of playing one map all the time. What do you think?

As far as I remember, Killhouse is put on automatically when there is a low player count (5 players or less). After this the next map rotate should be a different map, until the game ends with 5 players or less, then it defaults to KH again.

That could also be why people aren't populating the server. Don't get me wrong, I think that's a brilliant idea, to automatically put smaller maps while there are not many players. But I reckon that people don't know that it will change once there are more players on.

yeah ffa only has killhouse and shipment in rotation. in general all of our servers switch to killhouse if there is <= 5 players at the map end. i guess trying to put on more maps there won't hurt. maybe just a few of the more popular ones. on the other hand the server mostly doesnt get more that 5 players at a time anyways (https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/d43.ovh:28760/ -> looks right for the diagram of historical player numbers)

The rotation could be the reason for smaller numbers. For example, everyone loves Crash/Crossfire...etc. Even FFA players :p I could make the map rotation and pm it to you as a suggestion. Think it's worth a shot. I'm pretty sure the numbers will incrase with the rotation size

Maps should be set. Just need Mimi to disable his scripts (Unless they already are(Idk where they are XD))