Sign in to follow this  
Mimimimi

Domination Mode

0 posts in this topic

I always disliked that you can't change the outcome of Domination anymore after reaching a certain amount of points towards the end. How about we add a bonus to the level goal for neutralizing and capturing points? Like +10 for neutralizing, +15 for capturing .. then it stays interesting until the end maybe.

I only play domination, and the changes seem interesting, but still take some time to get used to. The score changes rapidly now, and sometimes if you don't pay enough attention you can easily lose a game, specially towards  the end of the game. I guess, it does reward a more fast-paced approach to the game, opposed to the former format, where you try to cap two flags and hold the enemy back on their flag. This does change the dynamics of the game a bit, and calls for new tactics and strategies. I wouldn't mind seeing the old format back, but the new one isn't too radically different, so I don't mind that either. Cheers!

the problem i had with the old scores was the following: often enough you have a situation towards the roundend where one team is in the lead, and by just taking another flag it is impossible for the other team to turn the game. scorecap be 250; one team is at 200 the other at 150, at this point it is pretty much impossible to turn the game. i liked CoD WW2 capture the flag system for the reason that you had to actually stay besides the flag to have it captured. if all teammembers move too far from the flag it is back to neutral. that makes it much harder to hold multiple points, or to just camp the flagspot in safe distance. im just looking for ways to make the mode more interesting - if you have ideas let me know

Definitely do that, it sure was fun. :D I'll have to play a few more rounds with this new setup. I might come up with some ideas on how to even the odds a bit, if you'd like, but it mainly comes down to the competence of a team. Even before, you could turn around a 60-70 lead by holding all flags for a few minutes, but it took great teamwork and coordination.

Feel free to join the discord @baraba and relay it to us if it is easier, we can always make a text record later :D